Building Re-Tuning (BRT)
Over time, wear and tear, improper operation, lack of maintenance, and changing use can lead to energy inefficiencies and increased operating costs in institutional, commercial, or industrial buildings. Building Re-Tuning (BRT) is a low-cost approach to re-commission a building to restore or exceed its original performance.
Our team offers training and education intended to help those involved with building operations learn how to operate buildings more efficiently, reduce operating costs, and provide energy savings.
BRT Training Workshops
Thanks to state grant funding, we periodically conduct training workshops on BRT. This training program is provided at no cost and is best suited for facilities, physical plant, and operations personnel and in general those who are interested in making their building(s) more sustainable.
The BRT training workshops typically provide the following:
- Training on current best practices and equipment
- Tips for DOE tools to use for energy benchmarking and tracking
- Rebate program and other funding resource information
- Networking with other facility managers, building operators, and financial personnel
- Shared success stories on energy-efficient solutions and lessons learned
- Practical experience from hands-on BRT walk-throughs in representative facilities
- An overview of building operator certification (BOC) and how it can help your organization. View information on upcoming BOC-specific training.
Contact us for more information on our BRT services and learn more about partnering with us to host a building walk through. Check the events page for information on upcoming BRT workshops. Explore our free school/municipal building online energy toolkit to start estimating savings at your facility.