When: Dec 6, 2023, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Where: Online Webinar
Attend a Free SWPA Energy Efficiency Roundtable on the Benefits of HVAC Equipment Upgrades
As utility costs remain high, managing your baseload heating and cooling equipment can make a great difference on your operating costs. HVAC equipment has come a long way since the 1990s, when the first efficiency standards were put into practice. In January 2023, the Department of Energy (DOE) announced new HVAC regulations, impacting both heating and cooling equipment.
During this roundtable, we will be hearing from GBBN Architects on the different incentive programs funding through the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). These incentives can be used to fund new HVAC upgrades and can also be stacked with other energy efficiency funding programs – allowing you to take advantage of new, efficient equipment and supporting your sustainability goals by reducing your utilities consumption and lowering your facility’s operating costs.
Also, the Electric & Gas Industries Association (EGIA), a non-profit organization made up of industry-leading professionals, will be sharing a segment of their Contractor University materials, providing background on the new HVAC efficiency updates, as well as diving into the different technological advancements and innovated growth within the HVAC market.
Who should attend the event?
- Commercial and industrial facilities with high heating or cooling costs.
- Those with old HVAC equipment looking to upgrade to new equipment.
- Anyone interesting in learning more about energy efficiency HVAC technology, IRA Tax incentives and additional energy efficient project funding opportunities.
About the Southwestern PA Energy Efficiency Roundtable
The Southwestern Pennsylvania (SWPA) Energy Efficiency Roundtable’s mission is to help businesses and industry in SWPA reduce energy costs through improved energy management, energy efficiency optimization, and implementation of cutting-edge technology. The Roundtable provides a forum for large industrial and commercial energy users to share information and learn from experts on various energy topics, from energy efficiency technologies to energy management strategies. As a group, we have provided past programs on Compressed Air Systems, Lighting and Controls, and Chillers, Combine Heat and Power, Solar Projects, Recommissioning Programs, Energy Efficiency Funding Programs, and Electric Vehicles Programs.
- Southwest PA Energy Efficiency Roundtable – Opening Welcome
- GBBN Architects – review practical applications of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) incentives for energy efficiency projects, such as new HVAC equipment.
- Electric & Gas Industries Association (EGIA) – presenting on HVAC technology: growth and innovation. EGIA will be sharing the recent updates regarding efficiency standards, regulation changes, equipment alternative, and technology advancements.
- Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program (PennTAP) – review additional funding programs that can be stacked with IRA incentives and provide final remarks.
- Southwest PA Energy Efficiency Roundtable – Q&A session