Investing in New Student Companies at Universities
PennTAP is looking for Penn State undergraduate entrepreneurs from any Penn State campus to compete and eventually earn a spot on “The Investment” TV show for a share of at least $30,000 in funding. The 2019 Inc. U competition submission deadline has now past. Please contact us to learn more about how to compete in the next competition cycle.
Key Competition Dates:
- March 4, 2019 – top-6 companies must have legal company / entity established by this date
- April 6, 2019 – taping of the Inc.U – “The Investment 2019” TV show
2019 Inc. U Competition – Top 6 Teams
- Clot Not (Penn State University Park)
- CastPak (Penn State University Park)
- Dermatolome (Penn State University Park)
- Purpose/Therapy Box (Penn State Shenango)
- Vitable Health (Penn State University Park)
- Vytah – Fit (Penn State Berks)
Inc.U began in 2015 as a pilot program funded by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development. It was originally a collaborative effort between the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Bucknell University, and Penn State to foster undergraduate entrepreneurship. Each of the three university partners worked in their local areas to support and grow programs for this initiative.
Starting in 2016, the Penn State Inc.U competition, managed by PennTAP, has evolved to become a Penn State program partially funded by a five-year grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration (USEDA) in partnership with Invent Penn State and their entrepreneurial assistance centers. Part of the USEDA grant funds the development of “The Investment,” a student competition where Penn State student start-ups go head-to-head to win significant investment dollars for their companies.