PennTAP Assists in Obtaining Energy Funding
Opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce energy-related costs often requires investment in new equipment, technology, or controls. Identifying funding available to your business and providing estimates of project payback are key components of our technical reports.
Many times, our clients are eligible to apply for funding to assist with improvement efforts. Eligibility of sites and projects, however, need to be considered carefully, and some grant applications can be time sensitive.
Don’t be intimidated by grant and rebate applications and the required paperwork. We’re here to help! PennTAP’s technical advisors can:
- determine if your project qualifies for funding
- assist with audit/assessment to gather pertinent data for application
- answer questions throughout the process
- assist with completing the application
- make connections to other funding programs
Contact PennTAP for the most up-to-date information on funding for which your organization may qualify.
Small Business Advantage Grant (SBAG)
- The Small Business Advantage Grant provides 50% matching grants, up to a maximum of $7,000 to enable Pennsylvania small businesses to purchase energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment, or adopt waste reduction processes.
- Pennsylvania-based businesses with 100 or fewer full-time employees are eligible.
- Applicants must be for-profit entities, be located in Pennsylvania, and registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State.
- Eligible applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, and must save the small business a minimum of $500 and at least 25% annually in energy consumption or pollution prevention related expenses (Natural Resource Protection projects are exempt).
- 100% approval rate
- $248,695 funds awarded*
Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
Applications can be submitted any time throughout the year, but will be evaluated and awarded after various deadlines!
- The Rural Energy for America Program provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase or install renewable energy systems, or make energy efficiency improvements.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Businesses cannot be in a city or town with a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants or in the urbanized area of that city or town.
- Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operation and small businesses in eligible rural areas are eligible.
- Energy efficiency projects require an energy audit or assessment completed by an independent third-party.
- 25% approval rate
- $574,254 funds awarded
*Funds awarded over the last five years