Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
Could your business save money on energy costs with Combined Heat and Power (CHP)?
CHP is the simultaneous production of electrical power and useful thermal energy from a single fuel source. Given a facility with
appropriate thermal and electrical load profiles, a CHP system utilizing such fuels can substantially reduce a site’s total energy
expenditures and simultaneously reduce its carbon footprint.
PennTAP can provide extended technical assistance to any forest product company interested in implementing a CHP woody biomass
What is in it for your company?
- A targeted energy efficiency assessment and assistance with implementing solutions
- An investment-grade feasibility analysis to drive an overall CHP project
- An engineering feasibility assessment identifying the appropriately scaled CHP system that yields realistic economic
- Funding opportunities for CHP
- Education, training, and technical assistance to the “Biomass Combined Heat and Power Resource Guide”
To learn more contact
Energy and Environment Team Lead